Grazed Woodlands in Lebanon: policies, initiatives and activities – Online workshop
Policy makers, farmers, entrepreneurs, researchers, private companies and other stakeholders involved in the grazing sector in Lebanon are invited to a free online workshop aiming to give an overview on the Lebanese national laws and legislations related to grazed woodlands.
It will also highlight the initiatives and activities established and performed by the Lebanese Ministry of Agriculture.
Information and opportunities
• Role of the Lebanese Ministry of Agriculture in improving and reinforcing the sector
• Laws governing the grazing sector in Lebanon
• Opportunity to networking and sharing experiences
• Building connections for future collaborations
Welcome Speech – Doctor Milad El Riachy (LARI)
Laws and decisions in the management of rangelands – Engineer Zeina Tamim (Acting Head of Rangeland Department – MOA)
Activities and initiatives taking place in the management of rangelands in several Lebanese regions – Engineer Carla Al Jamous (Rangeland Department – MOA)
International workshop: Olive resilience to Climate Change
From 27 to 30 September 2022, the IOC will hold an international workshop entitled ‘Olive Resilience to Climate Change’ in Lisbon/Évora, Portugal.
This workshop aims to give an overview of several topics related to the sustainability of the olive oil and table olive value chain, opening minds to new “sustainable thinking”.
It will gather the coordinators of projects related to the sustainability and resilience of olive production systems to:
- Acknowledge the progress, methodologies and results of the different projects;
- Provide opportunities for stakeholders to network and share experiences;
- Create new consortia, with the support of the IOC, to develop new research projects and research and development strategies; and
- Coordinate and follow up on olive resilience and sustainability.
The coordinators of the main projects currently underway in the olive sector are invited to participate, to combine the various activities, generate avenues of understanding and collaboration between the different groups and promote synergy to make olive groves more resilient.
Scuola di Agroforestazione
Scuola di Agroforestazione Sottomisura
3-7 Oct 2022, Tenuta di Paganico, Paganico (GR, Italia)
L’agro selvicoltura e forestazione in Toscana – le pratiche agroselvicolturali, agroforestali, in Toscana come sistema innovativo per l’intensificazione agricola sostenibile – le certificazioni quali sono, a cosa servono, come ottenerle